Coving for Your Home
What is Coving?
Coving is a decorative feature used in interior design to soften the transition between walls and ceilings. It is usually made of plaster or polystyrene and can be painted or left white.
Benefits of Coving
- Enhances the look of a room
- Hides imperfections in the ceiling/wall joint
- Provides a smooth transition between walls and ceilings
- Can add value to your home
- Often paired with LED strips to add ambient lighting options
Coving installation can be a DIY project for those with some experience in home improvement, or it can be done by a professional. It involves measuring, cutting, and adhering the coving to the ceiling/wall joint, and then filling in any gaps with joint compound.